Illustration: Beatrice Toreborg
Sweden - Breaded plaice with mashed potatoes
By: Georgina Laskari
1st of June 2022
It’s time for Sweden! My beloved friend, Sofia, suggested this easy Swedish recipe. It is perfect for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- 8 plaice fillets
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl wheat flour
- 2 dl breadcrumbs
- 300 g butter
- 1 shallot
- 1 lemon
- 0.5 dl parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh horseradish, grated
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- Some lettuce
- 1 red onion
- Feta cheese
- 800 g almond potatoes
- salt (to taste)
- Start by breading the plaice fillets in flour, then eggs and finally breadcrumbs. Store in the refrigerator until later.
- Peel and boil the almond potatoes in salted water.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the plaice with butter, until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Put 200 g of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, until it is golden brown.
- Finely chop the shallots.
- Finely grate the lemon peel with a grater.
- Mix shallots and lemon zest in the browned butter.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon and add grated horseradish.
- Taste with salt and add chopped parsley.
- Cut the cucumber, lettuce, onion, and tomato in slices. Drizzle a little olive oil over them and serve with some feta cheese.
- Use a potato press to make the mashed potatoes.
- Put the plaice, the mashed potatoes and the salad in a plate and enjoy!